- Bernalillo County DA plans to try less cases, focus on ‘worst of the worst’
- Lawyer Responds To Veto Of Solitary Confinement Limits
- Martinez vetoes solitary reform, 'ban the box' bills
- Governor Martinez vetoes solitary confinement bill
- Solitary confinement suits cost New Mexico counties millions
- Attorneys don't want ICE agents waiting outside of courthouses
- Groups troubled by Downtown ICE arrests
- Bill would change handling of some nonviolent offenses
- Public defenders underfunded, association president says
- Continuing Legal Education
- Legislative Action
Benefits of NMCDLA Membership
Members Only Library
A new search engine allows you fast access to motions, briefs, jury instructions and other useful documents that can help you help your clients.
Receive periodic Case Notes generated by NMCDLA's Continuing Legal Education Committee. These Case Notes provide attorneys with new and important case law updates from New Mexico's appellate courts.
Find a Lawyer Directory
Online directory of all current NMCDLA members listed by last name and by city. Website can also be listed at a small additional fee.
Experts and Service Providers Directory
Extensive list of experts and service providers for all types of criminal cases.
NMCDLA's Facebook group offers a forum for current members to stay connected with their colleagues, activities and events of the Association, and the latest criminal justice news. News, updates from the Legislature, and other public information is also posted on the Association's Twitter (@NMCDLA) for the viewing of members, media representatives, other interested organizations, and the public.
Opportunities to relax, network, and socialize with colleagues at any of the Association's social gatherings, including the Annual Silent Auction held in both Albuquerque and Las Cruces.
Place yourself within a strong community of criminal defense professionals who are available through email or phone via our online directory. With more than 500 members, and affiliation with the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, NMCDLA provides you with an extensive network.
Educational Self-Study & Trial Products
Purchase high-quality, user friendly trial products including the NHTSA DWI Detection & Standardized Field Sobriety Testing training DVD and manual, as well as CLE recordings for self-study. Members receive exclusive access to most self-study recordings at a deeply discounted price.